Applications to Fill Vacancy on the Rocklin City Council Available
The Rocklin City Council is seeking applications to fill a vacancy (see Notice to Fill Vacancy)
for the City Council position vacated by Councilmember Diana Ruslin. The term of this Council seat is from the date of appointment to December 2018.
The City Council meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month. Councilmembers are expected to periodically attend and participate in City programs and activities, and serve on committees with outside organizations.
- Must be 18 years of age;
- A citizen of the United States;
- A registered voter residing within the City limits; and
- The application also requires the filing of a Statement of Economic Interests Form 700.
Submit an Online Application
- Submit an Application by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, August 23, 2016.
- Interviews will be scheduled for a Special City Council Meeting beginning at 5:30 p.m. on September 14, 2016.
- The new City Councilmember will be sworn into office at the September 27, 2016 City Council meeting.
Download Statement of Economic Interests Form 700 (PDF fillable)
Printable 700 Form
Deadline to file is 4 p.m. on August 23, 2016.
Late submissions and postmarks will not be accepted.
Please mail or email your Completed Application and Statement of Economic Interests Form 700 to:
Barbara Ivanusich, City Clerk
City of Rocklin
3970 Rocklin Road
Rocklin, CA 95677
The City of Rocklin City Council consists of five members
elected at large alternately at the general election
in November of even-numbered years to serve a four-year term. Councilmembers do not have term limits. The Mayor
and Vice Mayor
are elected by the City Council each November, usually for a one-year term.
The City Council appoints a five-member Planning Commission
, a five-member Parks, Recreation & Arts Commission
, and a five-member Board of Appeals
Ethical standards shall be included in the regular orientation for newly elected officials and appointed officials, board members and commissioners, as well as for all City employees.
View the Code of Ethics View the Councilmember Handbook
Contact the City Clerk at 916.625.5560.